Grandma’s Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
Creamy delicious homemade Scalloped Potatoes, using Gourmet Spices and Seasonings, just like Grandma used to make.
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Celery Flakes (or Fresh finely Chopped Celery if preferred)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 6 medium peeled potatoes (thinly sliced)
- Cook Bacon in Large Frying pan until partially cooked but NOT cooked all the way to crisp. Set Aside to Cool.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 2-quart casserole with butter or cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk, , Simply Organic Onion Powder and Simply Organic Celery Flakes. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Spread potatoes in casserole. Pour sauce over potatoes. Top with partially cooked Bacon broken into pieces.
- Cover; bake 60 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving to allow sauce to thicken.
Recipe by Homestead Treasures
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!