We love when our followers create recipes of their own and share them with us, especially when they are using our spices. This recipe was submitted by Joyce Weber and we think it is a winner! Do you have a favorite recipe to share? We would love to have you submit it to us for publication. Grandma’s Old-Time recipes or even your very own!
Joyce’s Berbere Soup
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of cannelini beans try saying that fast 3 times, lol,
- 1 can of unsalted chicken broth + water
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- Berbere Seasoning to taste
- Put all ingredients (except Berbere) in crock pot on high about 4-5 hours. Slightly shred the chicken, put back into crock pot. (Try adding the Berbere Seasoning in 1/2 way through the cooking process if you want a more intense Ethiopian flavor.)
- Scoop a bowlful and sprinkle berbere seasoning on top. Winner, winner chicken dinner!